[an error occurred while processing this directive]
2) What did Joseph's brothers do with him?
A - They killed him.
B - They sold him.
C - They helped him.
D - They hugged him.
3) When Joseph was 17, he had a dream about _______.
A - his future wife
B - killing a lion
C - walking on water
D - sheaves
4) Why did Joseph receive a coat of many colors from Israel?
A - Israel loved Joseph
B - Joseph was cold
C - Joseph paid the highest price
D - It matched Joseph's wardrobe
5) Who bought Joseph from the Ishmaelites?
A - Israel
B - Pharaoh
C - Potiphar
D - Rachel
6) While Joseph was a slave in Egypt, what position did he hold?
A - Food taster
B - Overseer
C - Chief
D - Bodyguard
7) Why was Joseph thrown into an Egyptian prison?
A - He was accused of committing adultery.
B - He stole Pharoah's cup.
C - He stole Pharoah's food.
D - He tried to run away
8) Who was in prison with Joseph?
A - Joseph's brothers
B - Wild beasts
C - A court jester
D - The chief cupbearer and the chief baker
9) How did Joseph treat them?
A - he attended them
B - he beat them
C - he prayed for them
D - he chastened them
10) Who was the woman that kept on urging Joseph to lie with her?
A - Potiphar's wife
B - A maidservant in Potiphar's house
C - Dinah (Joseph's half sister)
D - Jezebel
11) Which brother came up with another suggestion for dealing with Joseph, while the others talked of killing him?
A - Naphtali
B - Simeon
C - Reuben
D - Dan
12) What did Joseph do for Pharaoh?
A - he played the harp for him
B - he planted a vineyard
C - he interpreted his dream
D - he gave Pharaoh his coat of many colours
13) How did Joseph make sure Egypt had enough food during the famine?
A - he saved some during the plentiful years
B - he stole from neighbouring people
C - he bought food from Joseph's brothers
D - he traded Egypt's wealth for food
14) How old was Joseph when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt?
A - 39 years
B - 25 years
C - 30 years
D - 42 years
15) What were the names of Joseph's two sons?
A - Hophni and Phineas
B - Manasseh and Ephraim
C - Judah and Gad
D - Absalom and Amnon
16) What did Joseph's brothers find in their sacks of grain?
A - Maggots
B - Manna
C - Money
D - Mold
17) Which brother did Joseph want brought to Egypt?
A - Levi
B - Gad
C - Benjamin
D - Asher
18) Where did Joseph's family end up living?
A - Paran
B - Moab
C - Edom
D - Goshen
19) What was planted in the youngest brother's sack?
A - silver spoons
B - clothing
C - money
D - a silver cup
20) Which of the following was not a half-brother of Joseph?
A - Benjamin
B - Reuben
C - Judah
D - Levi
Please type in any comments here:
Please provide your e-mail address here if you wish to receive a response letting you know the answers, or if you are requesting to have the questions e-mailed to you:
E-mail me the questions
E-mail me the answers
Let me know about new quizzes (this will
add you to a mailing list, click here for more info)
Remember email address.