[an error occurred while processing this directive]
2) Simon Peter was given this name by Christ:
A - Philip
B - Andronicus
C - Cephas
D - Belshazzar
3) What miracle did Jesus perform at a wedding?
A - Turned water to wine
B - Rained fire from the sky
C - Raised the bride from the dead
D - Healed a leper
4) Jesus told Nicodemus that one would not see the kingdom of God, unless one:
A - Gave their belongings to the poor
B - Prayed without ceasing
C - Was born again
D - Followed the law
5) Jesus was tired and sat by a well, he then asked a woman for a drink. Why was this strange?
A - She was a harlot
B - She was a Samaritan
C - He didn't get it himself
D - He already had a drink
6) Why were the Jews angry that Jesus healed a lame man?
A - Because they couldn't
B - Because the man was a sinner
C - Because the man believed in him
D - Because it was the sabbath
7) A woman who had committed a sin was brought before Jesus for judgment. What was her sin?
A - Adultery
B - Fornication
C - Bearing false witness
D - Dishonesty
8) Jesus said: 'You will know the truth, and the truth will... '
A - cleanse sin
B - set you free
C - destroy the evil one
D - heal you
9) When Jesus fed the five thousand, what did he use to feed them?
A - five loaves and two fishes
B - forty ephahs of corn
C - two loaves and five fishes
D - manna from heaven
10) After having fed them, what was gathered up in baskets?
A - leftover corn
B - leftover fish
C - leftover bread
D - leftover manna
11) What pool did the blind man have to wash himself in to be healed?
A - The pool of Rehoboam
B - The pool of Bethesda
C - Hezekiah's aqueduct
D - The pool of Siloam
12) Where did Lazarus live?
A - Jerusalem
B - Bethany
C - Jericho
D - Damascus
13) How long had Lazarus been dead when Jesus arrived?
A - six hours
B - one day
C - three days
D - four days
14) Jesus says in John that he is the true vine, and God is the:
A - Gardener
B - Grapes
C - Branch
D - Soil
15) Jesus says in John that he is the vine, and his disciples are the:
A - Husbandmen
B - Grapes
C - Branches
D - Soil
16) According to Jesus, greater love has no one than this:
A - Giving freely to the poor
B - Forgiving his adversary any wrong
C - Laying down his life for his friends
D - Seeking the kingdom of God
17) Jesus prayed that his disciples might be one in what way?
A - In the same way as the trees and the forest
B - In the same way as the candle and the wax
C - In the same way as a tree and it's roots
D - In the same way as Jesus and God are one
18) Jesus said that his kingdom was not of this world. If his kingdom HAD been of this world, what would his servants have done?
A - Fought for him
B - Prayed for him
C - Sought him
D - Hid him
19) When Jesus was taken to be judged and crucified, how many disciples followed him?
A - 0
B - 2
C - 6
D - 11
20) According to the gospel of John, what were Jesus' last words to his mother before his death?
A - I love you
B - Pray thou for me
C - Dear woman, here is your son
D - God be with you
Please type in any comments here:
Please provide your e-mail address here if you wish to receive a response letting you know the answers, or if you are requesting to have the questions e-mailed to you:
E-mail me the questions
E-mail me the answers
Let me know about new quizzes (this will
add you to a mailing list, click here for more info)
Remember email address.