2) Which five women are mentioned in the genealogy
of Jesus in Matthew 1?
3) What was Joseph going to do when he found out that
Mary was pregnant?
4) Why did the angel tell Joseph that he should name Mary's child
5) What is the meaning of the name Emmanuel?
6) How many wise men came to see Jesus?
7) Where did they come from?
8) What city did they come to initially?
9) Who were they seeking?
10) What prompted them to come?
11) What was Herods opinion of this?
12) What did Herod ask the scribes?
13) Which prophet did they quote as an answer?
14) What was the purported reason that Herod sent the
wise men to Bethlehem?
15) What gifts did they offer the Christ?
16) What did Herod do once he found out that he
"was mocked of the wise men"?
17) Matthew quotes the prophecy: "In
Rama was there a voice heard,
lamentation, and weeping, and great
mourning, Rachel weeping for her
children, and would not be comforted,
because they are not." Which prophet
wrote these words?
18) Why did Joseph not return to Jerusalem with his
19) Who wore camel's hair garments and a leather girdle?
20) What did he (see above) eat?
Please type in any comments here:
Please provide your e-mail address here if you wish to
receive a response letting you know the answers, or if
you are requesting to have the questions e-mailed to you:
E-mail me the questions
E-mail me the answers